Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. It's a great opportunity to look back at the week, count my blessings and sweep the dirt out the door.
1. Dan picked me up from the airport Monday night and we got home just around supper time. My oldest son, Joe, had prepared a delicious meal of pork chops with onions and apples, and orzo, which I LOVE. It was such a treat! and so good to be back home, sharing stories of the weekend.
2. I started a woman's health class on Tuesday and I love it. There are 13 women, all middle-aged, and our instructor is a dietitian. We'll have lots of one-on-one time with her, and some personal time with an athletic trainer as well. It's offered by a county health department, and I can't believe what we're getting for just a small fee. It's a 12-week class. So exciting!
3. We have peaches and pears galore (a fundraiser by our local high school), and in addition to the fabulous dinner, my #1 son made a peach pie and a pear pie. The pear is my fave -- to die for.
4. Cooler weather. Cool enough to require a sweatshirt in the mornings. Have I mentioned how much I love the month of September?
5. Walks with Abby, our "more mature" dog. This morning we went for a walk around a lake in our area. At first we had the whole place to ourselves, before we were joined by a huge flock of geese (I love watching them land on the water, skidding in for a stop), then a couple of fishermen. It was a beautiful morning.
Susanne's. Happy Friday!