Friday, June 4, 2010
Friday's Fave Five
It's time to look back on the week and find five of the highlights that made it special. Hook up with Susanne at Living to Tell the Story, if you'd like to join in.
1. For our anniversary, DH and I had dinner at our favorite restaurant, The Briarwood, in Golden. We had a nice, elegant dinner, took a drive afterwards, and were home in time to watch the Rockies game, in our pajamas with our laptops clicking away. Dates just get better and better, after 26 years:)
2. My daughter is taking horseback riding lessons this summer. While she has her morning lesson, I get to spend the hour and a half having coffee with her instructor's 81-years-young husband, on their patio overlooking their small ranch. He is such an amazing individual, a real cowboy and full of stories and yarns. When Emily's lesson is in the late afternoon, he invites me or Dan (whoever is the lucky one to be there that day!) for a 'cocktail on the patio.' Em's instructor is a former rodeo performer and is as spry and energetic as they come. I have no doubt that, in her 7th decade, she could still ride bareback and jump horses!
3. Dan took some vacation time this week and summer weather has arrived. We've alternated work and play. It would be nice to spend the entire summer this way, but it's also nice that he has a job:)
4. It's garage sale season! Last week I found the table and chairs in the picture above, which sit on my front porch.
5. Barbeque time! Like everybody else, I get so tired of cooking the same thing. In the summer, we use the grill a lot and it gets everyone in on the action! Last week, I made a pork loin, the other night Dan grilled some ribs and tonight we're grilling chicken for fajitas. Luke is the master burger griller:) We eat on the back patio, and it's like having a picnic every night.
How was your week?? Any highlights you'd like to share? Enjoy the weekend!