Joining Suzanne and friends, taking a look back at the week and finding five things that made me happy.
1. Today, I was shopping and it just so happened that the woman in line behind me adopted a Springer Spaniel that is from the same litter as Lilly! She recognized me first, and we chatted and compared notes and discovered that both of our puppies love ear buds (no joke, we each had replacement packages in our carts), and that they are both very smart and that we both had forgotten how much energy they require. Such a small world!
2. I went shopping and to lunch with my aunt today, and that always makes me happy.
3. When I drove down our street, returning home, I saw DH's truck in front of the house, meaning he came home from work early. And then I remembered that the Rockies got a home run in the 7th inning last night, which means free Whoppers at Burger King tonight. And my heart skipped a beat. I'm not sure if it's because DH is home early or because I don't have to make supper tonight. But, it was a happy moment.
4. When DH took Abby to the vet on Tuesday, we discovered that she has a clogged tear duct, which was a much less serious diagnosis than what we have been led to believe (cancer). So, she's been getting eye drops once a day and she's as good as new. Did you know that dogs keep their noses wet through the fluid in their eyes? So when their eye gets dry, their nose gets really dry and it looks like a very serious condition.
5. I got two new pairs of glasses this week. Reading glasses and bi-focals. I feel as though I won the jackpot. Sad, I know, but these are the things that thrill me.
What made you happy this week?