It's Friday, and time to look back over the past week, say, "Ahhh," and remember five ways I've been blessed. Suzanne is hosting Friday's Fave Five -- #79! -- so, join in if you'd like.
1. I've never really understood the appeal of Facebook. Until now. This past week, I've hooked up with friends and family that I haven't been in contact with in a very long time, and it's been such fun. I even learned that one of my cousins has a blog, too. She lives in a quaint old stone farmhouse in New Jersey and is an amazing cook. Stop by at Frog Hollow Farm Girl, and tell Ann Marie I sent you;)
2. This puppy has been blessing me all week long. In just six weeks, she's grown from 8 lbs to almost 20. It's like having a toddler around. My husband says she has two speeds: Go Fast and Stop. She's either racing around like crazy or sleeping in a heap on the floor. My other HUGE blessing is Abby, who still thinks we're both too old to be raising another pup, but is a good sport about it.
3. My book club. We had a good discussion on Wednesday about Brunonia Barry's The Lace Reader. My review wasn't all that glowing, but after discussing it with the group, I had some new insights. In fact, I wouldn't mind going back and reading it again!
4. I spent a few hours yesterday afternoon setting up for a Gala for my son's school. The evening's silent auction will benefit all of the sports programs at the school. It was nice spending some time with other soccer/football/baseball/basketball/wrestling-moms, and amazing to see the amount of support the community gives our young athletes.
5. Last but not least, we're in the midst of a winter storm, but my husband's flight arrived safely and on time this morning. He's home for the rest of the day, we've got a fire going in the fireplace and banana bread fresh out of the oven. Life is good:)