Just squeaking in at the end of the day here, with five favorite things from the past week. It's been such a great week!
1. I made a big decision this week. I'm giving up my daytime medical billing job. As part time as it is supposed to be, in reality it has been squeezing the daylights out of my weekdays and I'm spent. I'll take the next month or so to help my clients transition over to new billing systems and I'm not sure what's in store for me after that. But, I'm not worried about it right now. I'm relieved to have finally made a decision.
2. A light-hearted moment when my friends were gathered at a girlfriend's house to celebrate a birthday. As we sang to the birthday girl, my friend's enormous yellow lab, aptly named "Mountain," came running up to the table, "grinning" from ear to ear and wagging his tail to beat the band. When we finished singing, Mountain's mistress explained, "That's his favorite song. He just loves it and gets so excited." We all burst into song once more, singing Happy Birthday to Mountain and he just glowed, taking it all in. So hilarious!
3. Watching the Olympics. Especially the ice skaters. Their grace and athleticism, the special moment when Joannie Rochette finished skating her short program and there wasn't a dry eye in the house (or my living room). So many dreams were realized these past two weeks.
4. An impromptu "cuppa tea" with my aunt yesterday. We sat in her cozy living room, drinking our tea from china butterfly mugs and the time just flew.
5. The ritual 'glass of wine' that Dan and I have before dinner each night. Sometimes we sit and talk. Sometimes we just watch the evening news together, commenting on our day during the commercials. It's a good time to just decompress from the day's events.
If you'd like to join in sharing the highlights of your week, check out the details at Suzanne's Friday Fave Five.