In keeping with the theme in my last post, about things that make me happy, I thought I would share with you five of my favorite blogs. These are blogs that I've found fairly recently -- in the past month or so -- and they're the kind that, when a new post shows up on my Bloglines, I have to go right over and see what's there. I hope you enjoy these, too!
1. Jientje has a delightful blog called Heaven is in Belgium, and by the looks of her pictures, I'm sure it must be. Her photography is just beautiful, especially the winter scenes she's been doing lately. She also has a daily photo blog, Heavenin365, that is wonderful. I especially like that she puts a quote with each photo. I keep a journal to "collect" quotes and her blog is a great source!
2. A Year of Letters and 365 Letters are blogs devoted to the art of letter writing. The latter gives a new topic each day to write a letter about. I've taken the challenge to write a letter a day for 2010. So far, I have written one. It's a start.
3. Karla's Korner is the blog of artist Karla Dornacher. She frequently gives out free downloads for her adorable artwork and has lots of crafting ideas for which it can be used. Lots of Valentines stuff going on over there right now!
4. A Year From Oak Cottage is another one of my favorite blogs across the sea. Marie is a talented photographer and an extraordinary cook. Check out her other blog, The English Kitchen. Reading her blogs makes me want to move to England and live in a little rose-covered cottage by the sea.
5. Another one of my absolutely favorite cooking blogs (we all love the cooking blogs, don't we?) is Salad in a Jar. Paula a.k.a. "Romaine" shares a great plan for how to prepare lunch salads -- but don't think this blog is only about salad! She cooks everything and makes it look fabulous. You will gain 5 lbs just looking at her site (but not to worry, they're just "virtual" pounds.) If this lady doesn't host a cooking show someday and write a cookbook, it will be a sad, sad thing for our country. I met Paula's sister, Bonnie, at Pioneer Woman's book signing last fall. Bonnie mentioned, 'Oh my sister has a blog.' If I had known then how fantastic this blog is, I would have gone home with Bonnie and insisted on meeting her sister.
How about you, have you found any "new" favorite blogs lately? If so, give it up and share! Inquiring minds want to know!
If you'd like to join in on Susanne's "Friday Fave Five," all the details are at Living to Tell the Story.