Favorite moments and favorite things from this week:
1. Yesterday, I was finishing up my Christmas shopping at the mall. As I was leaving one of the stores, a man was coming in, frantically motioning to one of the sales girls to "come here." When she got to the entrance of the store, he pointed down the mall. "See that woman? The one pushing the blue baby stroller?" Yes, the sales girl nodded. To which the man replied, "I need a pair of pajamas that fit her."
I love watching men shop.
2. One of my favorite things -- these to-go cups. I found them at T*rget. The temps have been below 0 this week, so I've been sending my kids out the door to school in the mornings with one of these, loaded with hot chocolate and whipped cream. And, yes, chocolate sprinkles on top. Makes the drive to school a lot warmer!
3. You asked for it. Here's our Charlie Brown tree. Now, don't laugh!
4. On Wednesday, my book club had its Christmas meeting. We went out to eat at an Indian restaurant (I had the coconut lamb and it was delicious) and then exchanged books. This is the one I got to bring home:
5. One of my favorite things this week was putting out all our Christmas decorations, but especially all of the lovingly made ones from the kids when they were little. I always put these pictures somewhere in my kitchen, where I can see them as I'm making dinner or washing dishes. Luke and Joe made the frames for theirs -- Luke was never artistic and I love how there are just a couple of brushings of paint on his. I can hear him saying, "That's good enough." Joe's is macaroni pasted on a cardboard frame, the spray painted gold. Such a treasure. Emily never made a frame, but her picture in front of the tree, in her overalls. . . those are the memories that just warm a mom's heart.
14 more days 'til Christmas! How's everybody doing? Are you ready, almost ready, never gonna get there?
Here's the link for Friday's Fave Five.