I'm playing along with this meme that Diane, Sunshine On My Shoulders, posted this morning. Let me know if you play. I'd like to know what your Christmas looks like.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I like both. Our milkman has the best eggnog, and we always have some in the fridge this time of year.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? If they're easily wrappable, they're wrapped. Otherwise they get a bow and a tag.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Our display is an odd assortment of lights of from our "old house". Colored lights on the house, white lights on the shrubs, and a lighted deer that keeps falling over. I told my husband we should just stick an arrow in him and call it good. It would probably be kinder to find something to anchor him down, but we just haven't gotten around to it.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No. My daughter would freak out.
5. When do you put your decorations up? The village goes up the weekend after Thanksgiving, the rest early in December.
6. What is your favorite Christmas dish? Our Christmas menu varies from year to year, and I can't say that I have a favorite.
7. Favorite Christmas memory as a child? The Christmas I got my Betsy-Wetsy doll and baby carriage.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't really remember. I held on to believing for a long time.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? No. I offered the idea to my family one year, and they didn't want to! We save all the excitement for Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With ornaments collected through the years, and with different kinds of "glass" ornaments, very inexpensive. I like the sparkle and old fashioned look that they give the tree.
11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it!
12. Can you ice skate? Yes. Forwards and backwards;)
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? As an adult, my husband gave me diamond earrings for our first Christmas. It was a complete surprise.
14. What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? That we're celebrating the birth of Christ. The love and warm feelings that flow during this time of year. Giving presents, receiving and sending cards and letters and photos.
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Russian teacakes and tea.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Cutting our Christmas tree.
17. What tops your tree? A cornhusk angel with gold wings and streams of fine gold ribbon, holding a small evergreen wreath. I bought her at a craft sale years ago. I like the combination of simplicity and elegance.
18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving... but, I like getting presents, too!
19. Candy Canes? I love the way they look, but don't eat them.
20. Favorite Christmas Show? My recent most favorite movie is The Holiday. It came out a couple years ago.
21. Saddest Christmas Song? "The Little Boy That Santa Claus Forgot" by Nat King Cole. It just chokes me up.
22. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O Holy Night, sung by Ronnie Milsap.