It's time for Friday's Fave Five, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story.Looking back on the week, here are some favorite moments that come to mind:
1. This song at Xandra's place. Take a few moments and listen, and just feel the peace. It filled my heart.
2. Yesterday, Dan and I had our annual Christmas shopping day. The goal is to get some shopping done, come away with some concrete ideas, but most of all spend the day together, enjoying the anticipation of Christmas. At one point we had a "LOL moment" when we were looking at something in the store (can't give too many details or it will spoil a surprise), and both shared a moment of recognition that this is not what we wanted to buy. Our eyes met, opened wide, and we both had that Home Alone (as in the movie) look of "Nooooooo!" We shared a good laugh. Guess you had to be there.
3. The moments I took to hug my kids and feel their embrace.
4. The moment my dog knows that I'm awake in the morning. She sleeps in my son's room, and as soon as she's up, she comes and lies outside our bedroom door, which is closed. When she hears me moving about, I hear the thump, thump of her tail wagging against the door. I love it.
5. There were several moments this week that spoke to my heart in regards to some spiritual reading that I'm sharing with a couple of friends. I know, I'm being vague, and I really need to sort some of it out and share sometime. But, the moments were those that reinforced, or better yet, shed light on some of the lessons that we're learning. It's as though God was nodding and smiling at me, saying, "Now, you're getting it."
Thank you, Susanne, for encouraging me to look for the goodness. It's all grace.