A couple of posts ago, I mentioned that one of my projects was to refinish a corner hutch that I have. A couple of you expressed an interest in seeing the finished product, so here it is! The first photo is the hutch as it looked when I bought it -- for $25 at a garage sale. The photo doesn't show how beat up it was. I tried covering the scratches, but they were just too deep. There were doors with glass on the top part, but the glass was missing and the door frames were pretty racked, so we took them off.
Here's the before:
And this is after:
I read recently where you should have a color repeated three times in a room, to incorporate it as a "theme." I have a few pictures with black frames, and the light over the dining room table is black -- actually very dark metal, but close enough.
I don't have much of a knack for arranging things artistically, but I'm a collector of knick knacks and particularly family heirlooms, so it's nice to have another place to display things.
I'm still on a roll with painting. I'm debating what my next project will be. Stay tuned!