Thanks to Susanne for doing Friday's Fave Five. Here are a few favorite parts of my week and some favorite things all around.
1. ER. What a great show. The series finale was on Thursday night. Thank goodness for Netflix, we'll get to watch it all over again.
2. Paint! I'm on a roll again, and spent Thursday painting the upstairs hallway and landing. In a matter of hours it was transformed from flat white to a soft, warm "Ripe Wheat." Now, I stand up there and feel the sun on my face and the wind in my hair and imagine I'm out in a field. I live a simple life. Or is it that I'm really simple? Don't answer that.
3. Cookbooks. The small binder filled with copies of recipes written in my Grandmother's hand. A set covered with red check paper that belonged to my Gram. The Betty Crocker Cookbook that my mom got at one of her wedding showers. My own collection of Tea Recipes, Southwestern cooking, the Better Homes Cookbook that was a gift from my Aunt Sheila for my wedding shower. Souvenior cookbooks. Some of the books are worn and the pages are splattered from being used so many times. Others have been used only a few times, but I love just browsing through them. Cookbooks. Definitely a favorite.
4. Friday's have become a special day because it's when my aunt and I work together in our parish library. As the librarians, we've been sorting through the collection, and finding space for new books. It's satisfying to work side by side, accomplishing much, talking as we go or working in companionable silence. After a few hours, we go to Panera for lunch. Then, if the spirit moves us, we do a little shopping. Lovely way to end the week!
5. My new favorite drink. Starbucks shaken iced tea lemonade. Tastes just like the kind Mom used to make:)