Looking back on the week and remembering some of the best parts. Thank you, Susanne, for hosting Friday's Fave Five.
1. We got hit with a huge blizzard yesterday. Fourteen inches of snow for our town. As much as we've been loving the spring weather, we've been desperate for moisture -- only 3" so far this year. So, the snow was much needed.
2. The kids and I canceled some plans yesterday because of the snow, so at noon we decided to brave it and take the jeep to go out to lunch (a mile from our house.) Dan met us at Old Chicago, since his office closed, due to the weather. The restaurant had just the bar area opened and about a dozen tables were being used. It was fun and cozy, watching t.v., eating burgers, and the waitresses were cheerful and joking with everyone. It was like a party.
3. I read two books this week. The first, Trail of Crumbs, I reviewed here on Monday, and the second, The Wednesday Letters by Jason Wright, I read yesterday afternoon. A quick, heart-warming read.
4. Staying up late reading, knowing I don't have to drive the kids to school in the morning. And the best part: Naps. Delicious.
5. A new coffee maker. With a timer. Best part of wakin' up.