It's time for Friday's Fave 5, hosted by Susanne at Living to Tell the Story. Here's a look back at my week, reflecting on the good stuff!
1. Our first really chilly weather of the season. The heat in the house went on last night, that's how cold it was! 37 degrees this morning and it is supposed to warm up to 68. This is definitely "cuppa tea" weather and I love it. (Lipton tea with milk and sugar, please)
2. This morning I met Kathy for breakfast at Panera. As I said, the morning was cold, but a bagel, mocha latte and 38 years of friendship warmed it right up:)
3. I went to Sofa Mart with my camera and got some ideas for the living room. The salesperson was the nicest guy and so low-pressure. A family man with six kids. Heck, with six kids he probably goes to work just to get away, forget the sales.
4. Joe and I made reservations for his trip home at Christmas time (Christmas is coming!), and talked about Thanksgiving when we will drive out to see him!
5. Going back and really looking at what made this week special is that on Wednesday, Matt returned to Iraq to finish his tour of duty. Yes, it was sad saying goodbye again. But , not surprisingly having him here just put a whole different spin on what's important. His homecoming had us all gathered together again. He spent precious time with his wife and his boys. When the two weeks was over, it was the just being together that everyone treasured. It takes you back to what's important and that's the love and the ties that bind a family together.