I saw this movie meme today at Baseballs and Bows. It looked like fun, so I thought I would try it.
Here are the rules:
1. Pick 10 of your favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb (Internet Movie Database) and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess (if you know them all, please don't guess every one).
4. Strike it out when someone guesses correctly, and put who guessed it and the movie.
5. No Googling or IMDb-ing. That's cheating, and that's no fun!
Here are my quotes:
1. It will come to you, this love of the land. There's no gettin' away from it if you're Irish. Gone With the Wind (said by Scarlett's father, guessed by Lynne)
2. The whole purpose of places like Starbucks is for people with no decision-making ability whatsoever to make six decisions just to buy one cup of coffee. You've Got Mail (guessed by Joe)
3. Your girl is lovely, Hubbell. The Way We Were (guessed by Robin)
4. It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (guessed by Ter)
5. I had a farm in Africa. Out of Africa (guessed by Ter -- her favorite movie of all time:)
6. My friends just call me Ringo - nickname I had as a kid. Right name's Henry. Here's a clue -- 1939. John Wayne. Directed by John Ford. And the movie is . . . ________________??
7. I just have one question: What's with the turtlenecks? I mean it's the middle of summer. Something's Gotta Give (guessed by Gail)
8. Oh, Vermont should be beautiful this time of year, with all that snow. White Christmas (guessed by Robin)
9. Hey there, Mr. Grumpy Gills. When life gets you down do you wanna know what you've gotta do? (Here's another clue -- Next part of the quote: Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming.) Finding Nemo (guessed by Bill)
10. I'll never let go, Jack. I promise. Titanic (first guessed by Robin)
Leave your guesses in the comments section. Good luck! (Tip: you may have to think back long and hard on some of these).