"Reflection of God" by Morgan Weistling. This print, as well as other works by the artist, is available at Christ Centered Art dot com
Yeah, my very first "intentional" tag. Xandra over at Heart of Service tagged me and asks "What are five things you dig about Jesus?" Well, I have to admit, I peeked at some other people's answers. My Protestant sisters are a whole lot more versed in their scripture than this Catholic girl. So, I'm just gonna tell you what's in my heart.
1. Jesus shows up in the most amazing places and at the most amazing times. Sometimes he's in the eyes of a person you love. Sometimes he's just a whisper. And sometimes he's a feeling so powerful, you just can't ignore him. But just when you need him, if you look and listen, he's there.
2. He knows how to have quality, meaningful time with the people he loves. All it takes is good food and conversation -- nothing fancy, no pretense. I think Jesus would really love bbq's if he had the chance to experience one.
3. Jesus loves kids. He calls the little children to come to him. And he loves seeing the kid in all of us. He just likes that kind of faith.
4. He wore sandles all the time and never put on airs. For being the most well-known figure in history, he never owned a home, wore fancy clothes, held office, had an editor or a PR guy. He's famous because he has the most awesome heart. He's just so "real" that way.
5. Jesus adored his mom, gave glory to his Father and always put other people first. And that's what we're supposed to do. Not judge them, preach to them or try to make them be like us. We're just supposed to love them. Pretty simple.
And I'll tag anyone who is reading this and would like to give it a try. Just leave your link. I'd love to see your thoughts:)